Try this ballerina inspired stretch to improve your toe touch!
SET-UP: Begin by adjusting the loops of the Flexistretcher to make the straps shorter. In a seated position with your legs bent in close to you, place the foam pad around your upper back with the straps coming forward under your shoulders. Take each loop and place it on the corresponding foot.
- Slowly extend your legs out to the side into a seated middle split.
- Bend each side and fold your body forward to deepen the stretch.
REPETITIONS: Hold for 60 seconds.
SETS: 3-5 sets
- Slightly bend the knees if the hamstrings are tight
- Loosen the straps
- Sit on a rolled up towel or block if you are rounding too much in the lumbar spine.
- Press the legs long out into the straps.
- Fully activate the legs by pulling up on the knees and finding a co-contraction of the quadriceps and hamstrings.
- Activate the core.
- Maintain a neutral pelvis.