SETUP: Place the FLX Ball under your bottom ankle with top leg stacked on top of bottom leg in a ballet fifth position.
- Press down on ball and lift hips off of the floor.
- Begin by bending the top leg into a passé and développé the leg in front of you.
- Focus is on the bottom leg making sure it is active and engaged for the duration of the exercise.
REPETITIONS: 10 times on each leg.
- Maintain your neutral spine.
- Watch out for tucking of the pelvis to complete the movement.
- Extend through and active the bottom leg.
- Avoid “gripping” in the hip flexors to begin the movement. This happens when the pelvis is not in alignment.
TARGET MUSCLES: Hip Flexors(iliopsoas), hip abductors, and external rotators.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: Pain in the hip flexors or a past hip injury.
- Bring focus to activating the bottom leg and engaging the abdominals to complete the movement as this is what will help perform the movement standing up.