Tight muscles can start pulling over time, which can cause the muscles to work improperly, leading to injury. In order to target where the tension has formed, it is necessary to use a ball whose size, material and shape can withstand intense amounts of pressure. FLX Massage Balls consist of neoprene rubber and come in different shapes, sizes, and densities allowing for more of a targeted and effective approach to your rolling routine. Ever dance strives for perfect line.
Grab your FLX massage balls and try these two exercises to release the tightness, aches, and pains you find in your feet and lower legs.
#FLXtip : When rolling be sure to…
1. Roll & Release: Roll on the ball until you feel a “trigger point”, pause and hold for 10-30 seconds
2. Roll both length wise and across the muscle for a more targeted approach.
3. Avoid rolling on the bone
1. FOOT ROLLING: Place your foot on top of the FLX Infinity Ball, and begin to roll back and forth. Pause on points of tension and hold for 10-30 second and then continue rolling.
2. CALF ROLLING : Sit on the ground and lay your calf on the FLX Infinity Ball. Begin rolling between the knee and ankle and work and pause on points of tension. Release into the muscle by applying increased pressure and hold for 10-30 seconds.